I went out with two people from my book club. We headed out to a nearby small town on Thursday to visit with the third person who lives there. There's an awesome museum there: a Mennonite village. Some of the buildings and things are original, while others have been moved there to preserve them. It's so neat! You get to walk through these old buildings dating from the 1870s to the 19-teens. There are houses and schools and barns and stores. One of them was even the school that my friend's grandmother had attended. We had a delicious lunch too. It was so good I returned on Saturday with my family.
I finished the baby blanket on Saturday and was so glad to have it done. (Don't tell anyone, but one side is slightly wider than the other by about 2 inches. As I went on my tension got tighter.) I got some nice compliments on it from my aunt and uncle. A picture will be forthcoming. The baby shower/one-month party was pretty big. It took up several big tables at a restaurant and there was tons of food. It was a very food-filled day for me since my dad and I went to the local farmer's market that morning and bought pie, local honey (farmed by a former professor of mine), carrots, and tomatoes. Then we went to that small town for lunch with my mom to eat some fabulous borsht, doenaers, and cake, all made in-house. I somehow managed to have a dessert with every meal that day. Yay!
A couple days ago I started my new sweater. The stitches are definitely far from perfect at the beginning, but they are slowly improving, although they are still a bit squidgy. Maybe it's my tension, or maybe it's just the nature of the yarn, or maybe it just needs blocking, but my Vs (knit stitches) don't look like nice Vs. Instead, there's a definite separation where the next stitch loops through. It's not terrible and it may fix itself, so I'm not going to let it bother me too much. Ravelry link here.
The 1908 corset is still being worked on. I skipped several days of my schedule last week and am making up for it now. I'm at the point where I have the boning channels sewn in. Up next is cutting the boning and then setting grommets. Not too much to go now!